Borrowing at a glance:
- Borrowing and returning loans
- What you can borrow and for how long
- Renewing your loans
- Recalls of standard loans
- Library notices
- Overdue charges
- Your responsibilities, including checking your email
Ask questions relating to loans, overdue items, requesting items:
To view a full list of your borrowing privileges please click on the relevant link in the table below.
|Membership type||No. of items||Standard loan period||No. of renewals (unless recalled)|
|Undergraduates||40 including 2 overnight, 4 hr or 2 hr||28 days||3|
|Coursework Postgraduates||40 including 2 overnight, 4 hr or 2 hr||28 days||3|
|Research Postgraduate, UQ Staff, Herston, Mater and LCCH Staff||60 including 2 overnight, 4 hr or 2 hr||84 days||3|
|UQ ICTE||12 including 2 videos||14 days||2|
|UQ Alumni||30||28 days||3|
|Rural Clinical School Hospital Staff (non-UQ)||12||14 days||2|
|Secondary School Students||8||28 days||1|
|Wider Community, including Friends of the Library, Reciprocal||30||28 days||3|
High use materials, including course text books, are available for short term loan - usually 2 hours. High use materials are shelved separately.
- High use material, equipment and keys must be returned to the branch library from which they were borrowed.
- Items borrowed from the Book Dispensing Machines (BDM) machines must be returned to that specific machine.
Whenever possible please return other material to the UQ branch library from which it was borrowed. If this is not possible, material may be returned to any UQ branch library, except Toowoomba, Rockhampton, Hervey Bay and Bundaberg, or via Australia Post. For branch address details go to locations.
UQ Library has an overdue penalty system, applicable to students and non-UQ borrowers, to ensure fair access to our resources.
|Loan category||Overdue charge||Point at which borrowing suspended|
|Standard (including semester loans)||20c per day until billed||7 days after due date|
|7 day||$4 per day until billed||3 days after due date|
|3 day||$4 per day until billed||3 days after due date|
|2 and 4 hr, end of day and overnight||$2 per hour, or part thereof, until billed||1 hour after due date|
|Recalled||$1.40 per day||On recalled due date|
|Bill for replacement||$145||Borrowing will already be suspended at this point|
|Administrative charge||$20||Borrowing will already be suspended at this point|
- Equipment and room keys - replacement charges vary depending on type.
- If overdue charges reach $20 you will be suspended from borrowing.
- For students who do not reduce the total charges to less than $20 ($10 minimum payment) within a reasonable timeframe, a "Library fines" block will be added to their student record (mySi-net).
You are personally responsible for all items borrowed from UQ Library. Resonsibilities include:
- Checking your email regularly. UQ staff and students: check your UQ supplied email account.
- Checking the status of your loans via My Record
- Returning or renewing your loans by the due date.
- Contacting library staff if you are unable to return the items by the due date.
- Returning items if you plan to be away for an extended period.
- Returning high use items to the home branch library.
Failure to comply with the conditions of borrowing may invoke penalties under the Library Code of Practice