Welcome to UQ Library
The Library is integral to The University of Queensland's mission to provide knowledge leadership for a better world. We:
- work in partnership with the UQ academic community to provide convenient access to quality information, and to manage and provide access to UQ scholarship
- provide services which are customisable to individual needs and which recognise disciplinary perspectives and their information requirements
- engage with the community to foster scholarship. We strengthen the culture of collaboration and partnership within the University
The UQ Library collection provides a key resource for meeting the needs and expectations of the UQ community. Based upon principles of responsiveness, flexibility, comprehensiveness and equity, the collection includes material and data in a variety of formats.
The Library’s e-preferred policy ensures rapid delivery of relevant resources, to continue to build one of the largest collections amongst academic libraries in Australia, and by far the largest in Queensland. It includes unique and/or heritage material that forms the backbone of the Fryer Library collection.
Comprehensive statistics can be found at the CAUL Statistics site.
Our collections are backed-up by a comprehensive information and computer skills training program, as well as individual advice and help in person, by telephone, on the website and through email or online chat.
Policy and links
- Library Code of Practice
- Client Service Charter (PDF, 150 KB)
- Food and Drink Policy (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Training Calendar
Support our work and get involved