Welcome to UQ Library
The Library is integral to achieving world-class scholarship at The University of Queensland. We work in partnership with the academic community to provide convenient access to quality information, and to manage and provide access to UQ scholarship. We provide information services which are customisable to individual needs and which recognise disciplinary perspectives and their information requirements. We engage with the community to foster scholarship. We strengthen the culture of collaboration and partnership within the University.
UQ Library has one of the largest collections amongst academic libraries in Australia and by far the largest in Queensland, including:
- Over 2 million physical format resources
- Over 116,800 distinct journal titles in electronic and/or physical format
- Over 1,000 databases to guide you to content
- Multiple copies of textbooks held, including copies in High Use Collections for quick access
- Over 1,000,000 electronic books
- Over 38,000 DVDs, VHS, video streams, and audio CD items
- Comprehensive quick reference collection
- Extensive manuscript, microform and pictorial collections
Our collections are backed-up by a comprehensive information and computer skills training program, as well as individual advice and help in person, by telephone, on the website and through email or online chat.
Whether you are using our physical or virtual services and facilities, please take the time to read the Library Code of Practice, Client Service Charter (150 KB) and its Food and Drink Policy (5.6 MB). Do not hesitate to ask for help or check out our Training Calendar for classes to assist you.