How are Printers set up in the Library?
All printing is done via network printing. When you send a print command
from any application in a Library Branch, your workstation will print to the
default (closest) network printer located in that Branch.
Printing in the Library can be done through three easy steps:
- Get printing credits and workstation ID.
- Send the print job to the network printer.
- Collect the print job from the network printer
Some of the multifunction printers are also set up to scan to USB, print from USB and copy. See the associated printing costs here. Printing in the Library is two-sided, by default. Single-sided printing can be selected in the print properties dialogue box before you print.
Step 1: What's needed for printing?
- You need a student ID or unicard print/copy card and printing credit to print, copy, scan or express print at the Library.
- You will need to identify the workstation that you are currently working on. The workstation can be identified through the six digit ID number (located on your desktop).
Obtaining print copy card and credits
To use library multifunction printers you can use your student ID
card or buy a unicard print/copy card to hold the balance of your
printing credit. You can buy a unicard print/copy card for $2.00 from automatic
card dispensing machines located in branch libraries.
Please note: unicard print/copy cards are not supplied with printing credit.
Credit can be added to your account at an automatic dispensing machine. Click here for print service prices.
Students should write their name and student number on the back of their card so that it can be returned if lost or misplaced.
Please note that change is not available from Ask I.T. Help Desks or from card dispensing machines.
Step 2: Printing the document
From a laptop
It is possible to print directly to a library network printer from a laptop. Please follow these Wireless Printing Instructions.
From a Library Workstation
- Open the document that you wish to print, choose Office
Button from the menu bar, and then click on Print,
OR use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + P).
- A Print dialogue box will appear. The dropdown menu will contain the list
of available network printers. The closest printer will be selected by
default as indicated by a tick next to the printer icon. In the St Lucia
Duhig Building, the default printer for the eZones is
- Click Properties to set custom printing options, such as
colour, single-sided or multiple pages per sheet. OR press OK
to print your document. Note that printing in the Library is two-sided, by
Step 3: Collecting your print job
To retrieve your document from the printer:
- 1.Note your workstation's ID number. This is located on your computer's desktop. It will be in this format: "EZN480".
- Go to the nearest network print station.
- Click the Refresh button to view an updated list of queued print
jobs ordered by workstation ID number.
- Select your print job from the queue. Select only one print job at a time.
- Click the Print button located in the upper left corner.
- Touch your student ID or unicard print/copy card to the
card reader to display the cost of the job. If there is insufficient credit,
the Print button will be disabled.
Note: For Print Service Prices
- Press Print to confirm your job, then collect it from the printer.
Please be patient, your document may take time to print.
- Click on the Print button on the lower left, then follow the onscreen instructions, and your document will print. PLEASE BE PATIENT - some jobs take time to complete.