I.T. provides IT training sessions which are customised for the needs
of university students. These training sessions are designed to provide the
best practices and 'know hows' of using software applications so that students
can focus their time and energy on their work.
Our training classes for UQ students cover such topics as:
- Using the Windows operating system
- Using the Macintosh operating system
- Online UQ services (including my.UQ and eLearning Blackboard)
- Microsoft Word (2007 & 2011)
- Microsoft Excel (2007 & 2011)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (2007 & 2011)
- File management and version control
Tailored classes on any campus can be arranged if requested.
- UQ academic staff can request specialised classes for their students by contacting Ask I.T. or their Liaison Librarian.
- UQ students can request tailored classes through their lecturers, tutors or Liaison Librarian. If at least eight participants can be guaranteed at a session, you can arrange a class directly with Ask I.T.
Examples of tailored classes run previously include: Blackboard, Advanced Word, Advanced Excel, mySI-net and Introduction to Macintosh.